Quotes

"Logic is a small thing; Love is infinite."

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Brief Life update. . .

It appears, evidenced by history, that any renewed resolve I have for updating this blog regularly only survives a month or so before I forget my resolution. I do not feel particularly guilty for not writing my blog consistently; not writing in my journal, however, worries me. Both this blog and my journal have gone unattended for weeks, a fact that I regret. Now, having finished with the Truman Scholarship process and having completed another season of Model United Nations, I am collecting my life and returning to the little writing that I do -- beginning with this blog.

I am glad to report that life is wonderful. Allbeit busy, the last three months have been remarkably productive. The challenge of applying for the Truman, preparing as a Finalist, and interviewing for the Scholarship was one of the most difficult processes of my life. I was forced for the first time to crystalize my passion and ideas into a plan for the future. More than this, I was also pushed to defend why and how I could make my plan a reality. Though I did not receive the scholarhip, I gained so much from the experience that it made all the struggle worthwhile. However, I couldn't be too upset about not winning, particularly because the week previous our Model United Nations team made history. For the first time in MUN history, one school has won three Outstanding Delegation and three Oustanding Position Paper Awards. Alma College represented the delegations of Burkina Faso, Costa Rica, and Palau. Anyway, the adrenaline was so high after our success at the National Conference in New York, it was probably impossible for me to get sore over the Truman.



Overall life is sensational. I have great friends and a million and one things to be thankful for.



Ciao - in hopes that I will update again soon with something more universally substantive rather than a brief personal account.



Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I don't have any other way to get ahold of you in regards to your inquiry about making paper flowers. If you could contact me through my email, which is on my Profile Page on my blog I'd be happy to tell you how to do it and even send you the template I made to use for them. Easy, chickee.

BTW, two of my nieces are in the state department on foreign assignments all over the globe. We're truly an international family. I love staying home with my hubs, but that branch of the family travels alllll over the place. Good luck in your pursuit, sweetpea.

Connie